Thursday, August 09, 2007

Huh? What Earthquake?

Got a call from one of my uncles this morning ..."Are you all alright?"...I was abit surprised as to how come he called me in the morning to ask this kind of question and answered "errr...yeah. Why?"... Well, apparently there was an earthquake last night that measured 7.1 on the Richter scale! The epicenter was in the central region of the island...but the quake was felt in the whole metropolitan area of our city. All four of us sleep until like piggies...really didn't know anything had happened.

My uncle lives in a city apartment, and he said he felt the tremor quite strongly. I asked my driver and he said that they were awoken from slumber, and he saw that the water in the bottle was swishing from one side to another...

I haven't watched the news yet...so donno the extent and developments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah . read the paper this morning said got earthquake at west jawa ...

Anonymous said...

yah bro in law had to evacuate from his apartment..muahahhahahaa

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - I still haven't read about the news leh..

Laundryamah - Think highrises can FEEL the tremor more

Anonymous said...

nomadicmom . hehehe :)

mommy of 3 angels said...

your house very steady yah?

Anonymous said...

usually high rise building only can feel the movement :)

NomadicMom said...

Mommy of 2 Angels - My house oni two storey mah.. won't sway so much one. But actually, think it's just US being PIGGIES lah... Even last time when i was at Yokohama, everybody RAN downstairs of the building, and me and my friend still SLEEP like piggy lah...

Misha's Mum - Can feel sway more because modern buildings are MEANT to sway with the vibrations from the quake. If too rigid, then the concrete structure will fracture and break easily.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker