Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Potong Steam!

We were supposed to go off to the islands tomorrow for our Open Water Diving Certification cum holiday with the boys. Then about 2 pm today, H called me and said "errrr... we can't go tomorrow. I have to work". Soooooooo POTONG STEAM!

This trip has already been postponed twice before... so counting this time, it's the third! I told H that at the rate that we are going, by the time that we are to take the REAL certification, I would have FORGOTTEN everything that I've learnt!

Some more I had to cajole S2 yesterday...Our convo:
S2: How are we going to the island?
Me: By Boat
S2: Why? Why can't we take the plane?
Me: Because the boat is the only way to get there.
S2: I don't want to go! What if the boat hit a BIG rock? How if there are sharks?

At this point, S1 piped in.
S1: Yeah. What if the boat hits a rock, and there are sharks?
Me: *Frustrated* Aiya....there are no sharks lah...Besides. Not all Sharks are dangerous.
S1: Wait. Let me go check

S1 proceeded to open up his "DISCOVERY SHARK BOOK" to read.

S2: *Whining grumpily* I'm sure got sharks lah.. After the sharks eat us all...
Me: *Fed-up* Aiya...If got sharks, I will ask the shark to eat me first lah.

S1: Yeah. Yeah. There are NO great white sharks in these parts of the world. They are found in ..blah blah blah (proceeded to name the places where Great White Shark is found)

And then I saw S2 hugging his pillow very quietly. Thought he fell asleep. Took his pillow away, and this fella was sort of frowning crying but not really crying kind.

Me: What's wrong with you?
S2: *Dramatic expression* You lah! You said you gonna get the shark to eat you!
Me: Aiya.... No sharks lah. Your brother already said NO great white shark in these waters
S2: What if got sting ray? Pierce our hearts??

ALAMAK!!! That fella remembered about Steve Irvin pulak!!!

.... Then I had to cajole. Explain. All sorts lah...before he finally calmed down.

And when he heard that the trip has been cancelled this afternoon, that siow-kia shouted "Yay! We don't have to die!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha .. S2 is cute :)

My Rantings said...

Hahaha! Oh boy, your son is so funny & so thoughtful too. Adorable..! :D

Anonymous said...

drama, as usual.

gk

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - When he was younger, then CUTE lah..Now? Irritating most times!!!

Dancing Queen - He's very DRAMATIC one lah.. Everything is like MEGA exaggerated!

GK - Tell me about it!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHA LoL

"Yay! Now we don't have to die!"

so overly dramatic heheheheh

v

Anonymous said...

haha...do you remember when i went home, and he cried, "I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!".

Hahahah...makes you feel so wanted.

gk

Anonymous said...

heh.....always so dramatic. Anyway, it's the seventh month. For all you know.......=P

ym

NomadicMom said...

V - YES. YES. My actor son!!

GK - Bluff you oni, izit?

YM - Yeah lah. I know it is 7th month.

Anonymous said...

haha... this post is so funny la.. wait wait, i continue reading later hahahaha...

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

S2 is cute and dramatic. Is he emotional too?

Anonymous said...

Wah, Nomadic mom, I was busy, didn't come two days, so many posts already.

At least by now, your steam sudah pergi....feel better now?

NomadicMom said...

Oscar's Mum - Sounds funny but I have to say that I was a bit "fann" by his drama.

WMD - Emotional? That's a BIG YES!!

Judy - Definitely better now.. or maybe I should say my mom feels better that we are not going diving during the 7th month.. hehehe ;-)

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker