Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mahjong Lesson...

Now that kids are in school, the mommies are all back to their NORMAL routine, i.e. coffee mornings, brunches, lunches, spa visits, golf lessons, scrapbooking, beading classes and what nots.

So...had our regular Tuesday brunch (I made "ngau-lamm", i.e. braised brisket), and after that, our host offered to teach mahjong to those that don't know how to play. I belong to this category. Have to say that it requires both skill and luck. And also concentration. If you are dreaming, your tile may be gone before you can say "poong". ME? Forever dreaming one..... But since we were all rookies, we didn't play money lah...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss playing mahjong with my mum! :( Long time no play, can go 'rusty' ah? :))

stay-at-home mum said...

Eh, better pay attention. Mahjong is good for the mind, can keep away alzeimers, dementia, etc. Wanna play with me or not? I oso beginner.

My Rantings said...

I want to learn mahjong but hubby doesn't allow cos scared I get addicted wor. :P

NomadicMom said...

Judy - "Rusty" can take refresher course! Am sure you can also find some kakis in your area ;-)

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home mum - Is it?? So means it is good lah?? Sure can play with you. Do you have a set? I don't have leh

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - Did you see Stay-at-home mum's comment? Can tell your hubby that it's to ward off alzeimers!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker